One of the most exciting developments of our time is that going to therapy no longer implies that there is something wrong, but that there is something right that you're doing. It has become a sign of someone who is proactive in their own mental/emotional health and wellbeing.
Those who aren't willing to explore their thoughts, feelings, lives, and situations in therapy are saying something about who they are and their approach to life. None of us is perfect, and life is too complex to understand everything that's going on with you, with other people, with work and relationships, and with what needs to be done in various situations. Therapy is like going to the mental gym. Stretch yourself. Get stronger. The future belongs to those who are mentally and emotionally fit.
"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something." Neil Gaiman
There are reasons why we feel depressed or anxious, lonely or confused. It's always a mistake to ignore the symptoms that something is wrong, especially when help is available for you. Talking it through with someone accepting, understanding, confidential, and objective can get you out of the dark woods and into the sunlight.
In individual therapy you can:
- Finally talk about all the things you can't talk about anywhere else
- Talk with someone who really listens, really cares, and can help you find answers and direction
- Talk with someone who specializes in depression, anxiety, emotions, and relationship issues
- Figure out what to do about the problems in your relationship
- Understand yourself so much better, in a way you never have before
- Work through difficult emotions and confusing thoughts to gain peace & clarity
- Understand other people so much better, including your partner, your family, & your friends
- Learn how to interact with and deal with other people much better
- Develop a strong and clear identity, the basis of good feelings & self-confidence
- Take that confidence and use it to build a happy, successful life
- Ultimately, feel much better because of the growth you experience
There's a drive inside all of us to fulfill our God-given potential. So many things can block that drive. But when you clear away the blockages and obstacles, both internally and externally in your life, you will feel and be motivated by the energy source inside that moves you ever toward your greater life.
"Our deepest fear"
|Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Therapy improves your quality of life.