Are you gay, lesbian, bisexual, or questioning? I can help with the issues that are specific to the gay and lesbian community. I have over 12 years of experience working closely with gay and lesbian clients and couples. Finding a therapist you relate to,"click" with, and trust is the most fundamental part of therapy, since it is the foundation for all that follows. Lesbian and gay clients can rest assured that they have found a safe, supportive, affirming therapist with me.
- Whether or not you should get married
- Depression and anxiety
- Self-acceptance and self-confidence
- Coming out to people who don't know you're gay
- Feelings of shame, guilt, or low self-esteem
- Feelings of rejection or isolation
- Relationship difficulties
- Drugs, alcohol, and codependency
- Finding a partner who wants a long-term relationship
- Mending broken hearts and learning to trust again
- Anger and arguments
- Gay parenting challenges
- Having a healthy, mature, balanced sexuality & sexual expression
- Sorting out issues of faith and spirituality
- Rejection by your church
Managing difficult relationships with extended family
John McNeill, author: "Since most lesbians and gay men do not have children of their own, they tend to redirect a vast reservoir of unselfish love into the human community. So great is the reservoir that the world could not bear its loss.
Despite their personal suffering, the loving presence of lesbian women and gay men is the oil that keeps the whole human machine running. If, somehow, gay people were to disappear from the scene, the whole human community would be in danger of being seriously dehumanized."
Gay and Lesbian Mental Health Links
American Psychological Associations Website for LGBT Mental Health Issues
Gay and Lesbian Center of Los Angeles providing 12-step groups, Domestic Violence Groups, Sliding Scale Services as well as other services for youth and HIV and Violence Prevention.
Adult and Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center for LGBT Community
National organization for education and advocacy. Support for familiy members and friends of LGBT people.